PDO Thread - Patient Care Instructions
PDO Thread Pre-Care:
- *Please plan 1- 2 weeks of no major events in case you bruise or swell.
- Avoid all alcohol and discontinue smoking for at least a week before the procedure.
- Avoid All aspirin-based and blood-thinning products including Ibuprofen, Aleve and Naproxen, vitamin E, garlic tabs.
- Avoid skin procedures including radio frequency lasers, IPL, Fraxel for 1 month before.
- *Please reschedule your treatment if you have had or will have any major surgeries within 6 months of treatment.
- If you have ever experienced suture rejection or complications with healing post-surgery, please let the provider know prior to your appointment, you may not be a good candidate for PDO Threads.
PDO Thread Post-Care:
- Swelling and slight tenderness and tightness are to be expected.
- Remove any dressings after 3-4 hrs. You can wash your face with soap and water at this time and continue to wash port sites twice a day.
- Apply ice to the area for 30 minutes 4-5 times a day for the first 5 days.
- Limit facial motion for 24 hrs.
- Avoid showering for 24 hours.
- Wash the entry points with soap and water twice a day.
- Avoid facial creams or makeup for 48 hours.
- Avoid blood thinners and smoking for 1 wk.
- Keep the head elevated at a 45-degree angle for 5-7 days. Avoid side-laying for 2 weeks.
- Avoid heavy exertion for 2-3 weeks and avoid pulling down on face or massaging it for 3 weeks.
- Avoid chewing gum for 2 weeks.
- Avoid facial procedures including facials and any laser procedures for 6 weeks.
- If any redness or pain develop that could be a sign of infection, inform your provider right away
- Puckering and dimpling are normal and can take a full 6 weeks to resolve. Inform your provider if it is still very visible after 4 weeks.
- No elective surgeries for 6 months post-treatment.