- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1-week pre and post-injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising
- You take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Do not use the above-stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders.
- * Please do not pursue this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Stay in a vertical position for 4 hours following injection. Do not rest your head or lie down; sit upright.
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
- Do not massage treated areas after treatment
- After treatment, there will be moderate swelling and redness with the possibility of bruising. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
- Avoid aerobic and strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately